I do like to ‘roast’ potatoes in the oven (oven-fry?). It’s a healthier version that actually frying them in oil, and I like the crunchy texture that you get when you bite into the potato. I have made a version of this with green bananas, and sweet potatoes cook faster than usual. The day I made this, there was a basketball game on TV, and it was a great TV snack! I served it together with a Preserved Lemon Mayonnaise and a bowl of Mango Salsa.
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, cut into fries
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup of fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Salt, and pepper to taste.
- Heat up the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a baking tray, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil and then sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and toss until the potatoes are fully coated. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until it has browned nicely (approx. 20-30 min)