This started out as an experiment on what to do with leftovers that I either had to throw away or salvage to make it into something edible. I had a few chunks of feta leftover at the bottom of my huge plastic package of feta cheese and a few tablespoons leftover strained yogurt in an equally huge plastic package of yogurt. Adding them together would make a very smooth and creamy savoury dip, that doesn’t need any more seasonings. It’s simple, refreshing and cooling. I found that it goes really well with Dolmadakia, and I love it with Spanakorizo too!
Ingredients: (makes 1 small bowl of dip)
- 4 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbsp heaped full of Greek strained yogurt
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of dried spearmint
- In a bowl, mix the feta, yogurt and olive oil together. Its ok if some of the feta chunks are still around, you don’t want it to be completely smooth, but it has to be mixed thoroughly.
- Add the pinch of spearmint, and mix.
- Refrigerate covered, and you can serve it in a small bowl when you are ready to eat.